Poor Camryn. I think it finally dawned on her last night that her hair is super curly and that's just the way it is. Of course, this realization led to a way overblown fit that was quite hilarious to witness. She had just finished her bath and Brian combed out her hair, which may have felt straight to her at the time since it was still wet. She then made her way back into the bathroom for some teeth brushing. Well, I made the mistake of scrunching her hair and telling her how much I just loved her curls. Her response - "NO, don't make my hair curly" - "waaaahhhhh!". Run to Daddy, "Mommy made my hair curly", to which he giggled and told her that her hair is just curly. She then proceeded to throw herself face down on the living room floor, pound her fists and cry about curly hair. Brian, Emma and I couldn't help but laugh, 1 - because it was just funny to watch and 2 - because Camryn rarely throws fits, she's the even keel child. She quickly got over it, Daddy combed her hair back out and that seemed to do the trick.
Hmmm, maybe I should try this some morning? Wonder if it would make me feel better when I'm having a bad hair day, um, like every day? So, yes, at the ripe old age of 2.5, Camryn feels the dreaded curly hair curse. We always want what we don't have, right?
3 comments:
Cute! And yeah -- we always want what we don't have. I wish I could trade you girls my straight for your curly at least once in a while!
p.s. Can't wait to see you next weekend! I am pretty darn sure I'll be downgrading to the 10k at this point. C'est la vie, eh?
awww! Poor Camryn!
Post a Comment