Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friday, where are you?

It's been a week folks. Friday just can't get here fast enough. It all started on Sunday evening when our phone started ringing. Brian's colleagues calling to see if we had heard the news. For those of you that keep up with business news, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't - well, I'm sure you've caught wind of it by now. I'll give you a few clues. Brian's company, you know the one that has been around since the Depression era, is getting bought by a large bank. Seems the mortgage lending crisis finally did them in, as it is doing to several other large institutes.

My poor hubby hasn't slept much this week. From everything he's been told, they are not planning on letting the producers go, which is good news of courses. However, the stress over dealing with client reaction has been the worst part of it. Some will want to stay and others may decide to go. We hope it is more of the former. The market has been up and down all week, mostly down - ouch to the retirement accounts!

Stay tuned for how this all progresses for us. As most of our family and close friends know by now, we are planning to make a change next year in me leaving my current position to allow me to be at home more with the girls. I know, I know - *gasp*, Julie is going to give the SAHM thing another go-round. We have a couple of things to accomplish between now and then, and so far we are on target. I'm praying that this is just a little bump in the road.

In the meantime, my way of dealing with stress is trying my darnedest to stay focused on the positive. We had a fun weekend with friends. Friday night, since we didn't get to play couple's golf (weather), we gathered for a friend's birthday. Saturday, was a fun GT game-watching party with our local Tech friends - see picture below. Cam wasn't feeling well on Sunday, so after I got back from my early morning trail run (thanks Sabrina!), the girls and I cuddled on the couch in PJs and watched movies all day. We are looking forward to our Thanksgiving trip to Nanna and Pappa's in Las Vegas and working on plans for our Disney trip early next year, as well as our couple's trip to Las Vegas in January. My buddy, Jen, gets into town tomorrow and we'll be heading to Buena Vista early Saturday morning for the Autumn Colors run. Brian and I get a date night on Friday night since Grammy is keeping the girls overnight. See? So much to look forward to, be thankful for and excited about. Now if I could just find a way to drown out all of the political banter - man, it sucks me in!

No comments: