Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nasty, nasty bug

Bug begone! After three days of battling a low-grade fever, aches and chills, I think I'm finally on the mend. I actually had to take a 1/2 sick day on Friday for myself! - something that rarely happens. Those sick days have to be saved for when the really important little people get sick, mommy is not allowed to be sick. I made several attempts over the weekend to pretend like I wasn't feeling like doodoo, because I REALLY wanted to not feel bad...like making myself go to spin class on Saturday morning, guess the advil was masking the symptoms - oops! And having friends over later that night to watch the Dawgs get crushed (sorry dear friends who root for this team)! Oh - and going on a retail therapy spree Sunday with my friend, Heidi, - thanks for putting up with me when I started to fade halfway through the damage!

So, after two sheet-soaking nights of swearing that my body had finally won the battle and broken the fever, I woke up Monday morning feeling a bit better. My appetite seemed to be coming back, energy levels a little higher and I was actually smiling again. Woke up this morning and felt fantabulous enough to hit my early morning pilates class - yippee!! Let's see if I can actually get into my superbly planned cross-training routine this week.

Bye-bye mean bug, please stay away. And while you're at it, don't pay a visit to anyone else either!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You're right, mommies don't have time to be sick! Stay well!

Amanda said...

Glad you are feeling better!