Wednesday, February 11, 2009

On your mark, get set

Go! The race has begun. Seriously, could the past week and a half have been any busier? Craziness at work, with all the big-wigs making a visit for town halls, objective rah-rahs and what not. Kindergarten registration for Emma, still not quite over this one yet - emotionally. Birthday party preps for Emma, the almost five year old, who has all of a sudden become boy-crazed? Ladies night out (we saw The Full Monty on stage - FUNNY), book club, hair appointment, sneaking in a Saturday matinee, kid's valentine activities, game night hosting....

Needless to say, I haven't had much time to blog. I finally got the photo albums on here updated, seems I left off with November of last year....but now I'm all caught up in that category. Oh - the other thing I failed to mention is that I am still so darn drawn into these Twilight books, that every spare moment of down time I get - like after the girls go to bed, I'm reading. Which again means no blogging, facebooking, etc. I'm about halfway through book 3 now, and finally saw the movie this past weekend. Also picked up book 4 at Target, but will most likely need to read my book club book - A Long way Gone - before then.

So, funny story about Emma and her new boy-craze. She's been coming home telling me she is going to marry Kaden. She will ask me when I picked Daddy to marry me, which was when we met in college. She told me yesterday that she is so sad because what if she never sees Kaden again after she goes to the big girl school. Such drama for a five year old - I told her if she is meant to marry Kaden, I'm sure their paths will cross again. Oh - and the other new thing is she has decided she does not want to have kids. She wants me to have them for her. When I ask her why, she "doesn't want a shot and doesn't want a cord attached to her" - haha! She's heard talk about my deliveries and has now decided having children is just a little too painful for her. Now, if she can just keep on thinking that until she is fully educated with a wonderful career started and a few years of independent living before she finds Mr. Right....we will be doing A-OK! Oh yes, and Camryn wants to marry her friend, Greta. She also sometimes wants to marry her sister. It's all good!

Last, but not least, a big shout out to my friend, Debbie, who announced she is expecting baby #4 this summer - she will soon be up for Mother of the Year! And to Jennifer, who has not blogged this yet (I'm sure she's still in the hospital), but she delivered her precious baby girl - Julia - yesterday. My friend, Tricia, also had her baby girl - Shelby - last week. Babies, babies galore!

We are in for another busy weekend with a couple's dinner, Emma's party, brunch with Grammy... so who knows when I'll make another appearance. In the meantime, enjoy the new pictures, I'm sure to have more after the birthday party.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Let me know when you get done with Book 3...I started Book 4 and since I read right before bedtime I am having some weird dreams. I'll have to wait for the movie on DVD I think. Hope Emma has a wonderful party!