Emma thoroughly enjoyed her 5th birthday! We had about 20 children show up for her trampoline My Little Pony party. My co-worker made her cake, not only was it beautiful - it was also very yummy! The gift donation was a big hit and we collected a full trunk of goodies for KPC Kid's Place. I had several parents ask me how I got Emma to agree to no gifts, and really it was not an issue. I don't think we have quite hit that age where our kids "want" for things (and even so, they get loads of gifts from family..). They don't watch enough television to get all of the commercials promoting this toy and that. Camryn's wish list for her birthday consisted of a new bone for our dog, Jake. Emma just wanted to have fun with her friends ~ mission accomplished!
Birthdays seem to be a week long affair around our house, at least for the children. With that said, the Sunday after Emma's party, we had a wonderful brunch at the club with Grammy and Papa Mike. We had not tried their brunch menu yet, oh my - the rasberry and brie stuffed french toast was to die for! The following day, Emma and I hung out together while she played hookie from school. Only bummer was she ended up with an ear infection that we had to go to the doctor for that day!
Birthday gifts and Valentine goodies from family members continued to arrive in the mail all week, Emma got this beautiful blue sweater hand-knit by Nanna! She loves it and I love how it makes her blue eyes pop out.
Brian went on his Phoenix golf trip last week, so us girls kept ourselves entertained for a few days. There were 16 guys that went on the trip and he had a really great time. He got to see his sister and her family, so that was an added bonus. I ventured down to Manitou Springs with neighbor friends for the Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, we had an absolute blast! The weather was perfect to be outside and after the parade, we danced along to one of our favorite local bands - The Arch Hooks. Despite missing Brian terribly, we had a good weekend!
That's about it for my awfully boring family update :0! I rack my brain trying to come up with something meatier/more interesting to blog about, but to be honest, my brain is fried by the end of the day. Maybe next week after the Bachelor Finale (yes, I got sucked in this season after several seasons of swearing it off) ~ I'll have something spicier for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment