
Leading into 1/2 marathon weekend in Ft. Collins, the news I had been alluding to in previous posts had arrived. In less than 2 weeks now, I will be venturing into stay-at-home mommy hood once again. This is due a post of it's own, so more later. But this is great news, and even better is I was able to volunteer for layoff - which means a decent severance package.
More running news, I'm doing a little bit of training with a friend of mine that is registered for the Ascent. He somehow talked me into running the Barr Trail Mountain Race with him in July. I've never done much running on Barr Trail, aside from coming back down from The Incline, so this is new territory for me. But I'm excited for the challenge and it will be good conditioning for the Wild West Relay in August.
Trip to Georgia great fun! We saw quite a few friends, as well as Brian's Grandmother and my brother, niece and nephew. The girls LOVED the Georgia Aquarium. Emma couldn't wait to "lake swim", and we all enjoyed boat riding. We had yummy southern food (cheesy grits, does it get any better?). Emma and Camryn are such a joy to travel with and it seems to get easier and easier with each destination.
And now? Happy to be home! I love visiting what used to be "home" but finally came to the conclusion after this last trip that Colorado really is Home. We have some fun things planned for this coming Memorial Weekend, including a birthday party Friday night, my 9th running of the Bolder Boulder on Monday, golf and fun play at the club on Monday afternoon. Speaking of golf, I'm taking a series of six lesson with some other gals starting in mid June. Hoping to improve my game a little bit this summer!
3 comments:
So glad you all had a good trip. I was just telling mom how well behaved your girls seem to be and so calm! We enjoyed getting to see you all.
I only have a second right now, but congratulations on several fronts -- am excited for you that you're joining the SAHMs again (some days I feel like the "s" is "slave," though). Good job on the running, too!
Julie, Are you a SAHM now? Let us know how your transition goes. :)
Post a Comment