Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Heat is On

I'm stealing borrowing the Colorado State Patrol's holiday crackdown motto to recognize that it seems we are finally hitting summer here in Colorado. With temps set to soar into the 90's for most of this week, we might actually have to turn on the air conditioner! I'm just glad it finally feels like summer.

As usual, I haven't posted lately but here's what we've been up to:
  • Field trip with Emma's old classmates to the Fine Arts Museum. We are going to do a few more field trips with both Emma and Camryn's classrooms through the rest of the summer, they so enjoy seeing their friends. Here, Camryn is working on her drawing of Chihuly artwork.
  • Visit over the 4th of July from Brian's sister and her family, which included a trip to America the Beautiful park, the Flying W Ranch, Sky Sox game, pool time and a big 4th of July cookout. Needless to say, we were busy.



More fun to come over the next 2 months, including Vacation Bible School for Emma, summer/half birthday party for the girls with two other little friends that also have winter birthdays, camping trip with a bunch of neighbor families, Wild West Relay for me, visit from Nanna and Pappa. It's going so quickly, I just counted that Emma has only 5 weeks until she starts school. WOW.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck with your trail run and enjoy the next 5 weeks. Hard to believe school is back in session so soon - starts Aug 3rd here.

Debbie said...

Things are going too quickly here too. I actually wanted to start some school work with the boys early to have time off when the baby comes, but the summer is so full, that I don't think it will happen. We'll just have to make it up somewhere. Enjoy the rest of your summer, and good luck with your sales!

Unknown said...

Cute update. We have decorated mooses like that in Park City. (By the way, I sent you an award...check out my blog.) -cw