This past Sunday, I walked the 15th Colorado Springs Race for the Cure, along with a good neighbor friend, book club friend, in-laws and the thousands others. We walked in Celebration and Memory of the many fabulous women that have courageously fought this disease.
Although I've participated in this event for many years, this year was different. It was different because a very close family member is now fighting her own battle against breast cancer. My sister-in-law was recently diagnosed at the very young age of 38. She has been tough through surgery, her first 2 rounds of chemotherapy, and still has a long, long road ahead of her. Because we don't live in the same state, we have been challenged to find ways to help out, making it even more important to show my support on Sunday.
We love you, Mic!
5 comments:
that is great that you participated in this race - I want to do it next year - what a good cause - my thoughts are with your sister in law...
My thoughts are with Michelle; please keep us posted on how she is doing. She has a wonderful family supporting her and giving her strength I am sure.
these races are so emotional, I think they are an amazing experience for anyone who can participate.
i hope your sil comes though it all well
What a great cause to walk for. Kudos to you for walking and your sis in law is in my prayers and thoughts. :)
It's good to have things like this to give us an outlet to be able to contribute. It's at times like this that we, as family members, can feel so helpless. I'm glad you were able to participate, and I'm sure Michelle appreciates it also. Now, let's find a cure! Thinking of you all.
Post a Comment