Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Almost holiday week!

UPDATE: Elton John/Billy Joel has been rescheduled for Feb 22nd. Totally bummed we aren't going this weekend but it will be a nice early birthday outing for me in February.

Can I begin to tell you how excited I am to have both girls home with me all next week? The weeks are so busy when school is in. I'm looking forward to some time at home to play and do some baking, as well as a trip up to Denver for some Cheesecake Factory with my mom! We'll be spending Thanksgiving with Grammy and Papa Mike, and some time during the week we are planning a sleepover for the girls with them.

The past weekend was a crazy one! On Saturday alone, both girls had to be at Nutcracker dance rehearsals at two different times, Camryn went to a birthday party, I attended a friend's wine tasting and later that evening, Brian and I went to the Omega Showboat with Brian's team from work. Seriously?

Even though it snowed overnight Saturday, the girls and I headed to the Glen Eyrie Castle on Sunday for tea with Camryn's friends from gymnastics. She has a wonderful little group of girls in her gym class that have all gotten to be good friends. Later that evening, I got out with some girl friends to celebrate my running buddy, Mandy's birthday at Nosh.



And don't think it has slowed down since the week started....we've already had a show to attend for Imagination Celebration, as well as the normal activities for all. The girls brought their neighbor friend and we met up with two other families for dinner before the show. It was so much fun, Little House on the Prairie, which I absolutely loved as a child.

I think this weekend we'll start putting up our Christmas decor, but I'm most looking forward to Elton John/Billy Joel on Sunday! I'll be back after the weekend to tell you how fabulous the concert was :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Finally catching up, and you've had a lot going on as always! So glad your training's gone well and I know you will kick butt in Vegas. I'm so excited to hear about your trip and will be with you in spirit! Enjoy your week with your sweet girls home. I'm thankful for you!

Amanda said...

Happy Thanksgiving - hope you have a great week!