Thursday, November 5, 2009

So out of it

I feel like this marathon training, on top of my mommy and wife duties (especially for a hubby that can't get around much still), is taking a toll on me. I hardly have energy left over for anything else, much less getting words down for this blog. I think about it each day but rarely find the time to actually act on those thoughts. Maybe I should start doing it first thing in the morning, like my friend Jennifer (who by the way got to run with Ryan and Sara Hall this morning!). Had to mention that because it's just way too cool!

On the training front, which I haven't spoken about too much lately for fear of jinxing myself....it's going well. We have two 20-milers under our belt and will do our last one next Friday before we head into taperville. Last week's 20-miler was a bit slow, but I'll blame that on my major rookie mistake of running in a new pair of shoes that had only 4 miles on them prior to the 20-miler. Dumb, dumb, dumb. My feet were killing me 12 miles into the run and didn't ease up a bit for the final 8. We've logged some decent speed sessions and feel like we'll be plenty prepared in just over 4 weeks when we head to Vegas. I've been treating myself to bi-weekly massage sessions and getting into yoga class at least once a week, which I think is helping to keep my muscles loose and prevent post-run soreness. So here's to crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer that I stay healthy for just another month!

On the Mommy front, Emma earned her first Girl Scout Daisy badge, by learning and reciting her Girl Scout Promise. Both girls had their school Harvest Parties, albeit a little late for Camryn. She ended up not having school at all last week, due to weather delays and two full snow days, so her party was Monday. We rocked out the Halloween weekend with the school's Mad Science Carnival and a fun-filled evening of trick-or-treating.

Dear hubby's leg continues to heal. His cast was removed and he's now in the boot and has started physical therapy. One of these days, we hope to have him walking on his own again so he can get back to his manly tasks around the house. I've gained a new appreciation for all those little things that I can certainly manage on my own but really enjoy having him around to do for us.

That's all I've got folks, have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Jeri said...

OMG your munchkins are so stinkin adorable!!!! You're going to rock your marathon, but sucky that you're feeling so wiped. :(

Sonal Modisette said...

your babies are too cute. I am so impressed with your training routine - you will be way prepared for Vegas :-)

RunToTheFinish said...

dudeeee she got to run with them??? That is amazing.

Ok so where are you staying in Vegas? We have to meet up!!

Amanda said...

Hang in there, only a few more weeks to go! I am not looking forward to another 11 miler this weekend...probably going to do this one on the treadmill. Get some rest and have a nice weekend!

Debbie said...

Go, Jules, Go! You'll do great. I hope Brian continues to heal quickly!