Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Humming along

Sorry for the absence, friends. With the girls out of school, we have been occupied with keeping them busy and doing our holiday thang. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was special, since my mom was able to spend her first full Christmas day with the girls since they were born. We were also happy to have Aunt Erin and Dave come for a visit. It was a joy to attend Christmas Eve Candlelight services, the girls were especially excited to hold their own candles as we attempted to not burn down the church during Silent Night. Christmas Eve was all about excitement. Emma wrote a special note to Santa, as she carefully selected cookies and carrots (for the reindeer). It reads "Dear Santa, enjoy the coocaies. Love Emma and Camryn". I always smile as she attempts to spell words by sounding them out, she's getting quite good at it, minus the coocais. Maybe she was trying to tell him to enjoy the cooties?





We requested the girls to not give us a 3 am wake-up call on Christmas morning, as they did last year. Pleading, we asked them to please wait until the sun got up. They obliged and right at the crack of dawn, ran into our room babbling about a table that Santa had brought for Camryn's train set, and can we open our stockings? Brian and I rolled ourselves out of bed so we could get the ball rolling. There were quite a few gifts to unwrap! Not sure what ended up being their favorites, maybe the zhu zhu pets and "American dolls" with matching outfits. I just hope they don't realize the dolls are not real "American Dolls" but rather the kind you get from Avon. We didn't call them "American Dolls" but that's what they seem to think they are. I have this memory of getting a fake cabbage patch kid as a child because my mom couldn't get her hands on a new one at Christmas. I was forever scarred *wink*.




Thanks to two very talented grandmothers, Grammy and Nanna, both girls scored some beautiful handmade gifts. Nanna knitted gorgeous dresses for both and Grammy made pillows and little blankets for both girls from fabric they had picked out.





It's hard to see from looking at these pictures, but we also had a little trauma leading into our Christmas. Camryn busted her lip open on the evening of the 23rd, so we spent a few hours in the ER getting her put back together. They were playing downstairs on this mini trampoline that we have, when she flew into a table. It was actually on our "junk" pile because they had torn down the protective posts and netting and used it for nothing more than a toy collector. However, on this evening, they decided to dust it off and give it a whirl. Camryn, unfortunately, whirled right off. It got even better when I called Brian in a frantic asking him to come straight to the ER, only to hear him say, "I just got my eyes dilated". He was having an eye exam. Thankfully, he got there before they started stitching, as I needed someone to occupy Emma. From the way she was screaming and crying, it was hard to tell which of them was actually injured. Her love and sympathy for her sister runs deep.


I can't believe it is almost 2010, it seems I've had very little time to think about it, although I do need to start thinking about what it will hold for us. Right now, we've been busy with movies, roller skating, ice skating and skiing. All fun ways to spend a Christmas break!


Happy New Year, I know 2010 is going to be fabulous!

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Ok your girls are so stinkin' cute! Sorry about the lip incident. Uff. I'm sure it'll be a good story to recall for future Xmas'. :) here's to a great 2010!!

Amanda said...

Happy New Years Jules - best wishes for 2010. Glad Camyrn is ok; we had a busted lip 2 nights ago but thankfully no stitches involved...it's only a matter of time though. Go Jackets!