Monday, January 11, 2010

I'll take what's behind door 2010

2009 was such a full year for our family, it's almost hard to top it. We had major milestones, great travels and adventures, physical challenges and more! As I dig into our plans for 2010, it's easy to see there will be more of the good stuff.

Here are a few of our Travel Plans for the year:

  • FEBRUARY: Las Vegas for the Rugby USA Sevens. Some good friends of ours are from South Africa and love the game of rugby. They go to this event every year, usually in CA. This year, it's in Vegas and they've asked us to go. Vegas is such an easy destination for us since we have Nanna and Pappa there, so we plan to bring the girls along for a visit while we enjoy a good time with friends.
  • MARCH: Mexican Riviera at a Dreams Resort. Brian and I are going with about 20 other couples for a four day getaway to Mexico. It will have been almost two years since we have had a nice vacation away together, so we are really looking forward to this trip. Since the girls have 11 days out of school for spring break, we'll have the first half of their break with them, then head off to Mexico while the grandmas take over for four days.
  • MAY: Brian will head back to Georgia for a golf trip.
  • JUNE: Girls Beach trip for me, believe we are heading back to Myrtle Beach. The place would miss us if we didn't!
We are also looking forward to camping at least once again this summer and talking about where we want to go for our big family trip this year. Because it is so beautiful in CO during the summer months, we will most likely stick close to home again this year but looking at doing a trip over Thanksgiving week. There are also some fun college football games we are heading to this fall. UGA will play CU in Boulder and we'll have friends coming out from Georgia for this game. Also, GT plays in Lawrence, KS, so we'll drive over for that game.

Running
Plans are in the works for another marathon this year. Mandy and I have been working on a training plan and are excited to get back in the swing here soon. We are also hoping to get registered for the Triple Crown Series. The running Beans will take another trip this fall, probably for a 1/2 marathon race. We are looking at either the LA RNR half in October or the San Antonio RNR half in November. So many fun races, so little time...

Family
I expect another full year of activities with the children. Both girls are enjoying ballet and gymnastics right now and Emma is also in a Daisy troop. The plan is to take a break from these activities over the summer, as Emma wants to try swim team at the club and both girls will also try tennis. Brian is anxious to get back to his golf, now that he is regaining strength in his injured achilles. I'm also excited to get back out there and work on that swing.

Last year ended on a high note for both girls at school. They are doing great, and I expect wonderful things from them this year. Emma had already learned her ten sets of ten sight words that the teacher expected the class to know by the end of the school year, so she is bulldozing forward and making huge strides in her reading. She also loves math and tangrams! I was so excited when she came home talking about how much she enjoys tangrams because they were one of my favorite activities in elementary school.

Another busy year ahead of us, but we love it. When I first started working on this post last week, I was so anxious to plan out the entire year from every aspect. I took a step back and realized sometimes it's more fun to plan as you go, so we are doing more of that this year. Roll with the punches!

7 comments:

Sonal Modisette said...

Dreams is an awesome Resort -we have stayed at the one in Cabo as well as the Tulum location - you will love it! You are so much more organized with your plans for 2010 than me :)

Amanda said...

I don't think we could find 20 couples to be friends with us if we paid them :) Have lots of fun with the fam, running and travels!

Jeri said...

wow 2010 looks like it's going to be a full and awesome year for you! :)

nancy said...

First off - your profile picture. Wowee. You are so beautiful. Just thought I'd let you know ~wink~

You do have a full year planned already. I haven't even figured out what I'm doing for lunch. Heh. But sounds exciting. Especially the mexican riviera trip. Exciting!

Emma sounds so much like Ella. She flew through her sight words and she's reading those beginner books to me. She can sound out words she doesn't know and it simply just blows my mind. Our kids can READ. Wow.

Ella's in Daisy troop too. How does Emma like it?

Jules said...

Amanda - we know about 6 of the couples well and the others are friends of friends....it's bound to be fun though with that many folks!

Nancy - Emma *LOVES* Daisies :) She is so excited about the cookie sales, I had to walk her around the neighborhood after her troop meeting yesterday. Does Ella like it?

Unknown said...

what a fantastic year to be had! have fun!!! -cw

Tricia said...

I'm running the RnR SA in Nov. Just have to decide between the half or full :)