Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bolder Boulder 2010k!

Monday, Memorial Day, marked my 10th Anniversary running the Bolder Boulder 10k. I thought it was appropriate that I hit my 10th year mark in the year 2010 and got to run it with my Beanie Weenies.



What does 10 years of the Bolder Boulder look like? Well, for me, it has included the birth of two daughters, numerous running buddies, a couple of runs with the hubby both participating and spectating, two years running solo, and finish times all over the map.

2001: 1:06:27
2002: 56:18
2003: 58:08
2004: 55:38 (3 months after birth of Emma)
2005: 56:59
2006: 54:56 (4 months after birth of Camryn)
2007: 48:53 (10k PR)
2008: 50:59
2009: 55:50
2010: 58:12

New first for this year's race, I actually missed my wave start. I was in wave 'E' but started with wave 'GB'. The bag check line was crazy long and the fun run bus took longer than it ever has in the past. I guess with 53,700 runners, it's bound to be a little congested.

Two Beanies PR'd at the race, so that's always a reason for celebration! I am proud of the progress my running buds have made.


And yes, we do all have on matching "team" shirts and matching pink shorts. What can I say, we like to dress alike. Our shirts say "Fueled by Chia" on the front, since we all love some chia seed before we run and the backs have our last name and team name "Beanie Weenies". Cute, huh?

Will there be a Bolder Boulder #11 for me? That's still up in the air. If we absolutely have nothing going on next Memorial Day, I may run it again but I certainly don't feel like I need to keep the streak going at this point. I'd love to run it again once Emma and Camryn are a little older and can participate. Emma asked me Monday when I got home if she could run it with me when she gets older. Of course I said, Absolutely!

The rest of Memorial Day was spent hanging out at the pool with family and friends and cooking out with Grammy and Papa Mike. Beautiful day!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

A very impressive streak! I've never heard of Chia seed so I'll have to check it out!

Sonal Modisette said...

wow - love this post.. 10 years! congrats!

Anonymous said...

10 years wow! And after giving birth. You inspire me. I love the beer picture. I don't have one. I'm sad we don't have any pictures of Mark.

Jeri said...

that is amazing! I have a local half marathon that I would like to have the most consecutive years of running. I could be running it for a while though. ;) love all the pics and the shirts are super cute!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on No. 10! Awesome!