Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Fun!

Is it really almost the end of June?? The past few weeks have flown by, full of activity. We are thoroughly enjoying our summer and finding so many fun things to do with our time. We don't have much travel planned until the fall, but who wants to leave Colorado in the summer anyway??

Emma had a great time at the AFA cheer camp, she learned some dancing, jumps, cheers/chants and even got to be the climber on their stunt. We'll be doing this one again next year, for sure!

Last week, we painted pottery. We pick up the pieces tomorrow, the girls are so excited to see how they turned out. They are very serious pottery painters.

Thanks to the fabulous weather we've been having, we've been getting over to the pool several times a week. The girls will swim for hours and I still have to drag them out when it's time to go home. It does make for a good night's rest! We decided not to commit to swim team this year, as it would have limited Emma from enjoying other activities this summer. She's loving the variety, so I think it was a good decision.

Both girls are doing a Princess Camp this week, I'll post some pictures from that soon. Today, they created journals, learned how to walk up and downstairs with good posture, made tiaras and read a book. They have several classmates attending with them, so it's a couple of hours of fun for them each day this week.

In addition to keeping the girls busy, I'm still fitting in a couple of runs a week while I try to get my hip healed. I had an MRI last week and go this week for the results. It seems to be getting better, so that's always a good sign. Brian is playing tons of golf and I am getting out at least once a week.

Summer time is the best!


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like lots of fun! We may be out there next summer again, watching the air fares...

Amanda said...

Hadley is so into the Disney Princesses right now...I hate we have to wait a few more years for Disney World! Glad y'all are enjoying your summer; it's already too hot here.