Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back at it

August, oh August, where have you gone? Next week we will greet September, Labor Day Weekend, and in a few weeks the first day of fall. It's already getting light later in the morning, as I witnessed Tuesday morning when I got up for 5:30 am yoga class.

School is off to a great start for both girls. Emma loves her new teachers and classmates. Camryn started Pre-K on the same day Emma went to 1st grade, which was a bit much for me to handle. I passed the time quietly with a beautiful run in Fox Run Park, followed by coffee with one of my Beans. Camryn is in love with her new school, and thinks it's just great that she gets to take her lunch like her big sister.

We were super busy in the weeks leading up to school. Back to School party was a great time! The weather was perfect for nine girls to hula hoop, play with water balloons, swim and eat lunch together. We also got to have lunch downtown with Daddy and play in the Uncle Wilbur Fountain. We took the girls to a Sky Sox game, had to leave early due to a storm but saw the most beautiful full rainbow on the drive home, after stopping for ice cream of course!


I'm also three weeks back to RUNNING! The process has been a slow ease back into it, but I've had great company along the way and look forward to toeing the line in LA for the inaugural Rock n Roll half marathon. This month, I've been playing spectator/supporter a good deal. Cheering on my Beans, which has been great. The weekend before school started, we went to Vail for a girl's trip and for several to run the Georgetown to Idaho Springs half marathon. Last weekend, I made it up to the top of Pikes Peak to watch one Bean (read her race re-cap) and two Weenies complete their first Pikes Peak Ascent. Even though I couldn't cross that finish line with them, I was nervous and excited for them and so happy to be there and see them conquer the mountain!

Sweet hubby and I also celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary this month, with drinks at the Broadmoor, followed by a delicious dinner at Carlos Bistro. He surprised me with a new trail bike, since I was the only one in the family without my own bike. Now that both girls are riding like crazy, it will be fun to do family rides, especially on our upcoming Aspen trip!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Go girl! Glad you're back to running! Wish I were coming out next month for a visit and the Buena Vista run -- maybe again next year?!

Amanda said...

The girls look so cute, can't wait to see them in a month!!