Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Blur

This month went by in a flash. It's been a crazy busy one for us, so much so that I haven't updated since the very beginning of October.

Our family enjoyed a Homecoming trip to Georgia earlier in the month. We were happy to see both of Brian's grandmothers, Emma and Kathryn, as well as many of our college friends. Brian's dad celebrated his 40th reunion at Georgia Tech's Homecoming and it was Brian's 15th, what a great time we had showing the girls around campus and teaching them the fight song.
Great Grandmother Emma
Great Grandmother Kathryn (isn't her magnolia behind them beautiful??)
Our future Yellow Jackets (and probably our Christmas card photo!)
The week after we got back from Atlanta, Emma lost her first tooth! She was getting so impatient, as it seems every other 1st grader has started to lose teeth except her. The very next week, she lost another one. Well, ok, her sister actually pulled it out in the bath tub but it was ready and they both thought it was hilarious!
FINALLY - we lost our first tooth!
We've had tons of Halloween fun over the past few weeks, with a trip to the Colorado Pumpkin Patch, I snagged a deal on Groupon - love it! We made it to Boo at the Zoo, attended an annual Halloween party that our friends throw, enjoyed classroom parties and trick-or-treating with our wonderful neighbors!
Pumpkin Patch fun
Boo at the Zoo
Dorothy on Halloween night
Barbie bride 
Somewhere in the middle of all of this, I had a super fun girl's weekend in LA. The Beans made a race weekend of it, taking part in the Inaugural Rock n Roll LA 1/2 Marathon. Sonal's "LA Rocks" recap is perfect, check it out! It wasn't a super fast run for me, it actually ended up being more like a training run, but I was just happy to participate after only being back to running since mid-August. I'm pumped to pick the training up a notch and see what I can do next year.

Happy Halloween to All!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a super crazy month. So much fun! I was glad to see you in Atlanta, wish it had been for longer.