Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy little girls

The girls are up the street playing with the neighbors, so I have a quick few minutes to update on Christmas. As you can see by the photo, American Girl dolls brought some delight to our little ones. Emma had been asking for an AG doll since last Christmas, but Grammy told her if she could wait one more year, she'd get her one this Christmas. Grammy was good for her promise, surprising Emma with the "Julie" doll and Camryn with a Bitty Baby.

We had a wonderful Christmas at home with family. Thursday night before Christmas, Grammy and Papa Mike had us over for an early gift exchange and wonderful meal. It was nice to spread the gift giving out over a few days, so the girls were not too overwhelmed. Even though we didn't go crazy buying for them this year, that doesn't mean other family members didn't. My mom and brother came down from Denver on Christmas Eve, we attended our favorite Candlelight service downtown, then headed home for dinner and cookie baking with Mimi. On Christmas Day, we had both grandmas with us for Christmas meal and celebration.

Santa brought Emma a karaoke machine this year, so that provided lots of good entertainment for the day. Since the weather was so beautiful, we also got outside for Camryn to try out her Santa gift, a motorized razor scooter. Unfortunately, I've been battling bronchitis for over a week now and by the end of Christmas day, I was plain wiped out and spent most of the day after lounging around in my pjs. I really hope to kick this thing soon, as I was supposed to start marathon training this week.

Hope Santa was good to all of you and that your holiday was filled making beautiful memories with your loved ones!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hope you are feeling better! I can't believe Christmas is over and we're about to head into 2011. Hope you have a Happy New Year!