We finally got all of our holiday decorations put away, I was the saddest to see these come down. We always get so much joy out of receiving holiday cards from our friends and family, it's fun to see how the children have grown and what is going on in the lives of those we don't get to see often. We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our life.
So what's in store for us this year??
Well, on the travel front....
- We plan to get up to the mountains at least once or twice over the next two months to take the girls skiing. Working on the dates and lodging details, but excited to see how they do this season.
- Couples week in Cabos at the beginning of March, joining friends on a golf trip that is bound to be an adventure! We are thankful to Nanna and Pappa, who are coming to stay with the girls. This is where we are staying - Dreams Los Cabos
- A few weeks after Cabos, the girls will be out of school for spring break. Not sure what we will be up to, but talking about the Grand Canyon.
- Vegas for Memorial Weekend, with Amanda and Marsh - yay!!
- Brian's golf trip to Georgia and my girls trip to the beach
- October wedding in New York City
- November family cruise or beach vacation
on the running front....
- Colorado Marathon - May 1st, we have a big group of our running friends heading up to Ft. Collins for this one. The Mods and I have started our training for the full, while we have about 8 others going up for the half.
- Epic Rocky Mountain Relay - July 22nd-23rd. This will be my 3rd relay, and I'm so excited to share this one with some of the running Beans!
- Pikes Peak Ascent - August 20th. Yes, I'm taking another stab at this one but with a different approach. Not registering for the series, will run the other 3 races if we are around and it fits in our summer schedule. Training will not be super aggressive, goal is just to finish so I'm not stressing about training for this over the summer. The relay should be good training, right?
- Girls trip marathon or half - we are looking at the Rock n Roll series, and possibly making a trip to Savannah for the inaugural RnR, which means I would get to see Amanda again!
This year will continue to bring us busy schedules with the children. Emma is in full swing selling Girl Scout cookies. I'm serving as cookie mom for her Daisy troop this year, so I get to pick up and sort 1,000 or so boxes of girl scout cookies, oh my! Both girls are still doing gymnastics as of right now. Camryn will play spring soccer with Pride and Emma wants to run spring track with LandSharks. I'm sure we'll have some summer camps again, especially after how much Emma loved the tennis clinic she attended last week before school started back. We haven't talked about swim team yet, but if Emma wants to do it this year, I'll probably let her go for it. She is a skilled swimmer and I want her to continue to develop. We started Camryn's kindergarten registration process last week, I can't believe my baby will be starting kindergarten this year but she is more than ready. I'll be so happy to have both girls at the same school again next year, even though we'll miss Camryn's wonderful preschool out in Black Forest.
On top of all of their activities, I am still meeting with my book club once a month and serving as co-Director of our local Blue Thong Society chapter. We are planning some great events for this year, including our Diva Night at Lillians to benefit the Women's Resource Agency. I'm also serving a committee with the Women's Resource Agency to put on their first Power Walk/Run 5k this May. I know it sounds like we are over the top busy but we do manage to get in our down time, like today, as it is snowing and we are all chilling at home together. I love the activity and I love days like this!
It's going to be a great year, I just know it! Wishing everyone else a year to remember!
2 comments:
we stayed at Dreams Los Cabos in 2005 - it was amazing!! your year sounds perfect - I am glad I get to be a part of it :-)
I am so envious of your planning skills! I am attempting to plan our 1st week long vacation and it's a challenge! Looking forward to seeing you hopefully twice this year :)
Post a Comment