Yesterday was a Tacky kind of day for me. From the purple sweatshirts earned in Pueblo at the Rock Canyon 1/2 Marathon (hey, at least it's our kids school colors), to those we donned for our 1st Annual Tacky Sweater Party later that night.
The party was a great time! If you've never been to or hosted a Tacky Holidy Sweater party, I highly recommend it. We gave out prizes for "Tackiest Sweater" and "Tackiest Couple". Food was delicious, super great since I was starved after the 1/2 I ran earlier in the day. Very busy day. I was a little stressed, hosting a party on a day that I was gone until early afternoon, but there was no reason for any of that silliness. We have wonderful friends that make entertaining so easy and delightful!
The 1/2 Marathon also went well for me. It's been a long time (ok, probably a year ago at the Vegas Marathon) since I've gone into a race and ended up feeling strong throughout the distance. I stayed smart this time, and stuck to my plan to give myself a couple of miles to warm up before gauging how much I felt I could push it. Compared to my classic mistake of going out too fast in the beginning, then getting frustrated about not being able to hold the pace. My first mile was around a 9:25 pace, 2nd mile was 9:20, then all miles after that were sub-9:00 and felt race comfortable, for a 1:57:40 finish. I needed a strong race to end the year on a positive running note. And what could be better than hearing that one of your running beans is going to train and run your next marathon with you, yay Mods! Here we are at the finish of Rock Canyon, Two Beanies and a Weenie. I love these guys!


3 comments:
girl - you did awesome yesterday! Looking forward to the snowy spring 26.2 journey with you!
Great job on your race and hope you enjoy a few weeks "off" before the marathon training begins in full.
Great racing! What's your next marathon goal, then? Loved the pretty girls on your Christmas card. Merry month of December to you guys.
Post a Comment