I can't believe the girls have already been back to school for 4 weeks now! The time has flown. Camryn started Kindergarten this year and has the same teacher that Emma had, she is thoroughly enjoying it and had absolutely no issues saying goodbye to Mommy and Daddy on the first day. Of course, it helps that she knows over half of her class from soccer and the neighborhood and that her big sister is there! Emma is in 2nd grade this year and has a great class as well. She has her first male teacher this year, which I wasn't sure how that would go over but he tells the best stories and has the class convinced he might be an alien, so it's going well.
 |
| Back to School |
 |
| My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades! |
After Mommy got both girls off to school the first day, I made it back home before I had myself a good little cry. It was a cleansing one, not of sadness per se but a "where are the years going?" kind of cry. I couldn't dwell too long though because Mommy was going back to school herself! After talking with a friend and fellow GT alumnus that lives here in CO, I decided to take a part time position teaching college prep math at Pikes Peak Community College. I am teaching two pre-algebra classes, both with perfect times during the day when the girls are in school. I just finished my third week and absolutely LOVE it! I had been toying around with the idea of starting my own business, which I still would like to do eventually, but right now while the girls are young and I'm spending time volunteering at the school amongst other things, this part time gig is perfect!
Since I wasn't great about blogging over the summer, here are some snapshots of things we did. It was a great summer, with lots of pool time, adventures and fun! We squeezed in a little more play this past weekend over the Labor Day holiday, with our annual trip to Aspen/Snowmass. There were also some running adventures involved, I'll have to post those separately :)
 |
| County Fair Fun |
 |
| Around the World - Indian dance |
 |
| Emma on the right dancing traditional Indian with her friend |
 |
| Dress up with cousins |
 |
| Girl Scout Pony Pals Camp |
 |
| Sangre de Cristo Children's Museum |
 |
| Santa's Workshop |
 |
| Giving our best Bigfoot impression |
 |
| Top of Pikes Peak |
 |
| Tubing at the lake |
 |
| Heading to Aspen |
 |
| Emma's first time water skiing |
 |
| Hiking in Snowmass |
 |
| Bike ride from Aspen to Woody Creek |
3 comments:
The girls just get more beautiful! Looks like y'all had a great summer, enjoy the fall!
I can't believe how grown up the girls are looking. I'm excited to hear that you are teaching, and I love all the summer pictures.
Have a great school year!
Post a Comment