Thursday, May 10, 2007

Muffins with Mom

When a day starts off like this, it's just bound to be full of blessings, right?

Today was "Muffins with Mom" at the girl's school, an early Mother's Day treat. Not only was it a special morning to wake up to my ecstatic 3 year old (she couldn't wait to see the special something - a GT puzzle - I had brought her from my trip), but I also got to spend the morning with them both at school.


They sang "Happy Mother's Day to You" - including the rock 'n roll version, the "Rainbow Song" and "Herman the Worm". Lots of fun! I'm also sharing a picture of the Picasso art that Emma made for me for Mother's Day. Maybe she'll be the next great artist!

And the day only got better from there. I was super busy with meetings and such after arriving (late!) to work but was asked to spare a few minutes to meet with my manager and his boss later in the day - didn't think anything of it, since we catch up frequently on various projects. However, I was a bit surprised (pleasantly) to find the purpose of this specific meeting was a promotion! I'm now "officially" managing a team of twelve, although I've been unofficially filling that role for the past year. Maybe my shopping bones knew something was coming down the pipe when I splurged a little in Atlanta on that new purse and watch? Ah well, it's always nice to know that your hard work isn't going unrecognized.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend ahead! One more picture before I go. Can't leave out little Miss Camryn!



4 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on your promotion!! That is awesome news. Funny, I also went shopping after I found out about mine...Have a good weekend!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations and you go, girl! Muffins with Mom looks like super-cute fun and you rock w/your promotion. Yay!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Takoma Volpe said...

Congratulations, Julie!! What a wonderful day!!