But you definitely can't take the South out of the girl! Nice visit in Atlanta this week. I had an opportunity to attend work meetings for a few days - and jumped at it. Brian was onto me though, he knew it was going to be more of a "vacation", since I would make time for visiting with old friends (oh, and a little shopping mixed in there too!). I miss spring time in the South. Everything is so green and lush. It's humid as heck - don't miss that - but it's warm and beautiful this time of the year. Don't be looking for us to be moving back any time soon, I love where we live now, but there will always be things I miss about the old stomping grounds.
Anyway, didn't start this post to ramble on about spring down South. Now that she's shared the news, I can post about it as well. While in Atlanta, I had a delicious dinner with my dear old friend Amanda. Her new home is lovely. Anyone that knows the architecture in the South knows what I'm talking about - crown molding, big sitting porch out back (rocking chair included), wainscoting, plantation shutters - it's beautiful! But.....the best part of the visit - finding out Amanda is joining me in the world of motherhood - yay! Very exciting news!!
Night before was spent having a late dinner with another friend in town - Dale. We've known each other since the 8th grade, when he used to coordinate his polo shirts and matching socks, oh- and don't forget the polo shoes to go with. I kid him about this all the time, so it's ok to say here - he can always throw the big hair back at me and make fun of me for confusing the words conjugating and congregating, I once said "haha, we are conjugating in the parking lot". I love Dale, he's a true friend that I'll always stay in touch with. Dinner was fabulous, we hit an old restaurant that Brian and I used to go to when we lived in the area, and I got to meet Dale's friend, Perry. I was hoping to have pictures from both visits but since I didn't have my camera, I'm dependent on folks sending them to me, so maybe they'll come later (hint, hint).
Check out the latest book list, I decided to add an "optional" read into my list since book club has a wider time gap in between meetings this time around. Picked up the latest in the airport and it's been a fun read so far! I need to go back and look up some of the references the author makes to other books/authors since she does this a lot.
Anyway, didn't start this post to ramble on about spring down South. Now that she's shared the news, I can post about it as well. While in Atlanta, I had a delicious dinner with my dear old friend Amanda. Her new home is lovely. Anyone that knows the architecture in the South knows what I'm talking about - crown molding, big sitting porch out back (rocking chair included), wainscoting, plantation shutters - it's beautiful! But.....the best part of the visit - finding out Amanda is joining me in the world of motherhood - yay! Very exciting news!!
Night before was spent having a late dinner with another friend in town - Dale. We've known each other since the 8th grade, when he used to coordinate his polo shirts and matching socks, oh- and don't forget the polo shoes to go with. I kid him about this all the time, so it's ok to say here - he can always throw the big hair back at me and make fun of me for confusing the words conjugating and congregating, I once said "haha, we are conjugating in the parking lot". I love Dale, he's a true friend that I'll always stay in touch with. Dinner was fabulous, we hit an old restaurant that Brian and I used to go to when we lived in the area, and I got to meet Dale's friend, Perry. I was hoping to have pictures from both visits but since I didn't have my camera, I'm dependent on folks sending them to me, so maybe they'll come later (hint, hint).
Check out the latest book list, I decided to add an "optional" read into my list since book club has a wider time gap in between meetings this time around. Picked up the latest in the airport and it's been a fun read so far! I need to go back and look up some of the references the author makes to other books/authors since she does this a lot.
That's all for now - hope everyone is having a fab week!
No comments:
Post a Comment