Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Still a blushing bride

Well, I don't know about the blushing part, but I can still play the bride pretty well. Nine years and two kids later, and the gown still fits! Albeit, a little tight around the rib cage (some things expand with babies and never quite go back the same), but it could still be zipped. Emma has been telling me repeatedly that she wants Brian and I to have another wedding so she can come to this one wearing her princess dress. In her wedding fantasy, Daddy will be the king (of course, wearing a crown) and I will be a princess, along with her and Camryn. Anyway, I decided to feed into her fantasy last night and break out the wedding gown for grins. She loved it and kept saying "Mommy, it's BEAUTIFUL", while running around the house in my veil.

My sweet husband surprised me at work with these beautiful roses. I can't wait to give him his anniversary gift this evening, he's going to love it!
A belated Happy Anniversary wish as well to Brian's dad and stepmom (Pappa & Nanna), their's was yesterday and they are celebrating at sea right now. They've been married for 21 years, celebrating their 12th Anniversary on our Rehearsal Dinner night, nine years ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated congratulations!! I'm really excited for you guys. Hope you had a wonderful celebration yesterday!

Jennifer said...

Sorry I'm late -- happy anniversary!

Debbie said...

I remember it like it was yesterday! Can you believe how much things have changed, houses, kids, jobs...Happy Anniversary. You got me thinking that matt and i need to plan a 10th anniversary trip too!