We've had some spurts of cooler weather lately, but this weekend held nothing but sunshine and warmth. No matter what the weather though, I've always got sunshine because of these two little girls in my life.
As I was reading back over my posts, I realized that most portray the good times we experience and rarely do I go into the bad (or hard, or trying, whatever you want to call it). We all have them though, and this week seemed to be chock full of 'em. For starters, Brian's car was deemed totalled by the last hail storm we had a few weeks back, so we let the insurance company pick up the car this week thinking we would quickly replace it. If it weren't for the jerk of a car salesman we were working with, we'd probably have it replaced by now. Maybe the stars were onto something on Thursday, when my horoscope stated not to enter into any contractual agreements that day. We didn't and thus, Brian is still putzing around in my old Jeep (on a bright note, we're thankful to have the spare). Here's hoping the car thing gets resolved this week so it's one less worry off my mind.
Mommy guilt also seemed to be a recurring theme this week. It started with getting the girls to bed way past their bed time due to car shopping taking longer than we had planned. Thankfully, Grammy was gracious enough to have them at her house, but it was still late when we got them home. Emma was super grumpster the next morning and to top it off, we (read "I") missed the boat on that night's homework assignment. We were supposed to bring in something that started with an "ah", like apple, alligator, etc. The guilt of having a sleepy child and her not having her assignment sent me scrambling off to the drugstore to procure the homework - a dinosaur toy "Apatosaurus". Pour on more Mommy guilt when we were late to Emma's soccer game on Saturday because mommy's 5k race took longer than planned, not because I ran too slow but because I placed and tried to stick around for a few minutes to get my award (hand made clay "medals" by the art students).
Alas, the week ended on a bright note with good quality time spent with both little ladies this weekend. Brian was playing in a golf tournament, so we did pancake breakfasts, birthday party, mall trip and zoo together. Girl times, fun times.
And why do I often not write about the hard times - well, it's because I choose to focus on the good. That's just who I am. Happy week!
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
No comments:
Post a Comment