Emma fish, Camryn fish. We started back to swim lessons a few weeks ago - trying out a new school that teaches to the swim-float-swim method, with focus on float safety first, before all other skills. It's amazing that in just two lessons for Camryn (this is her first time taking formal lessons), she is already floating on her back with no assistance for up to 30 seconds. Emma, unfortunately, had to sit out last week, due to an ear infection, but she'll be back at it tonight and is very happy about this. I can already see they are going to get so much more out of the 30 minute one-on-one instruction than Emma ever got out of her group lessons at the Y. Unfortunately, it seemed she spent more time hanging onto the wall waiting on her turn than she did actually practicing her skills during previous lessons.
We've been busy with other activities, as well. Brian celebrated a birthday and also took a guy's trip to Vegas for a good friend's bachelor party. He's a groomsman in the wedding in a few weeks. I'm actually really looking forward to the event, as we just don't get to many weddings these days. That phase has sort of passed by us.
Emma and Cam got in one more skiing adventure before things start closing up for the season. With Brian out of town, we ventured up to the mountains with our neighbors. Emma took one more group lesson, while Camryn had another private. Camryn's instructor had her doing several runs down the learner slope during her hour, and commented to me after her class how impressed she was with Camryn and she couldn't believe she is only 3. Emma did awesome again as well. She has learned how to get herself back up when she falls and was skiing around cones by the end of her class. I am so proud and impressed with both of them. They are going to be skiing circles around me next season, when I actually plan to get back onto skis myself!
I'm now anxiously counting down the weeks until our Disney World trip. This will be a much needed vacation for all of us, not to mention that I can't wait to see the excitement in the girls' faces. In addition to our upcoming trips, I've also registered for a few runs. They are noted on the sidebar. The Colorado 1/2, I got talked into doing with running buddies, Amanda and Mandy. Bolder Boulder was a given, considering this will be my 9th year straight on a streak I'm not quite ready to break. I'm also now on a relay team for the Wild West Relay, which I did in 2007. I'm super excited about this, as it was one of the best running events I've ever done.
3 comments:
Good news about the swim lessons. That sounds great. I'm anxious to hear about your Disney trip...I hope it's magical!
I just bought Hadley that book over the weekend :) Your running is going so well; hard to believe you were suffering that injury a year ago. Hope the girls enjoyed swimming; we are having a good time with our lessons as well although the toddlers just want to drink the water!!
Wow on swimming and skiing. And the bolder boulder. You are my idol.
Post a Comment