Weekend was fabulous! It started with a couple's golf tournament, where we played with two other super fun couples. Our team came in second, not too shabby! We thought we had the lead until we found out they had Brian's handicap way wrong. Oh well! It was so much fun and that's what really mattered.
Followed by Saturday, which began with a roller skating birthday party. First time ever skating at the roller rink for my two. They both skate at home on their little plastic skates, but this was a little different from that. They LOVED it! Been a long time for Mommy on roller skates also, thankfully it came back quickly so I could help my two little munchkins around the rink. Even had the backward, couple's skate thing going with Emma by the end!
Sunday morning, I headed out early to meet up with some friends for a 12 mile run. I have not done a regular long run in quite some time, since the distance I was getting before, while training for the Barr Trail race, was mostly uphill trail running. I've been having a little bit of trouble with my right quad, so I wasn't sure how this run would go. But after the first few miles, we settled into a comfortable pace and by the finish, I felt like I could have kept going. Good news, since Jennifer is coming to town next month and we are signed up for the Autumn Colors Half. Post-run, it was birthday party time again. Camryn got invited to a party for one of her friends from gymnastics class, we got to go to Itz for the first time. She had so much fun with her little friends!
And now...it's Monday! It's no wonder the weekends seem to fly by. Camryn made it through her first day of pre-school without the slightest hint of fear. She's at the same school as Emma, so that definitely helps. Hope everyone has a great week!
5 comments:
what a busy weekend - seems like fun though! I gotta start getting some longer runs in for sure - since my June race, I think the longest distance I've run is about 9... I probably need to register for a 1/2 to get myself motivated :)
pump class was crazy crowded with new folks today!
why do weekends go so fast?! Yours was packed with great stuff, I need to find a couples golf thing around here!!
What fun stuff! Glad you had such a great weekend. Can't wait to see you!
sounds like a great weekend.
i have volunteered for the JL but am so curious about the Blue Thong Society. I'm doubting (based on the name) that there is a chapter in the ultra-conservative state of Utah?! And, if there is...my interest is high. -cw
Jules, How do you do it? I'm drowing here! Maybe it's due to the baby and his nap needs, but I don't know if I can do this sahm thing. Really.
Sounds like you've just had a fabulous time. Congrats on 2nd place!
Post a Comment